Sometimes it happens that your mattress gets stained with many things like blood, paint, oil, some liquid food items, urine etc so it is very much hard to remove it off, this is a problem of every woman. They tried a lot of home remedies but still, they didn’t work.
Now is the time to solve your problem on how to get blood stains out of mattress. Here are some very interesting and easy home remedies to remove blood stains especially. There are some methods by the help of which blood stains can be removed without washing the whole mattress because washing the whole mattress is very true troublesome and a waste of time and money, dabbing with a wet cloth is very easy and it can be dried up easily.
Easy Home Remedies For How To Get Blood Stains Out Of Mattress:
- Home remedies:
- Ingredients that must are :
- Baking soda
- Cold water
Baking soda remedy:
1. Take one part of baking soda and mix it with 2 parts of cold water.
2. Apply this paste with a white towel tissue paper or wipe or rag.
3. let it sit for about 30 to 40 mins.
4. then rinse it with another white towel or wipe
5. Then dab the dry area again with another towel
6 . Let it dry
Cold water remedy:
This remedy works for fresh blood because it easily dissolves in cold water.
1. Take it rag or paper towel (coloured items might stain the cover of your mattress) and run it under cold water.
2. start dabbing the blood stain, do not rub it which can work the stain deeper into the bed.
3. Make sure not to wet the mattress too much, because you want it to dry easily to prevent mould or fungus growth.
4. Make sure that the water is cold.
Hot water will somewhat “cook” the blood and can make the stain set in.
Salt Water remedy:
1. Take 1 tsp of salt with 1 tsp of cold water.
2 Use a towel to wet the stain with a solution.
3. Let it sit for about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. then wipe it away with cold water.
Alternatively, you can also try soaking silk sheets in a basin of salt water before cleaning the spot.
Salt and Dish Detergent remedy:
1. Take 1 table spoon of dish detergent and two tbsps of salt.
2. then apply it to the blood staining
3. Now leave it for 25 minutes.
4. Now gently rinse and repeat until the stain comes out.
Chemical agents for removing blood stains out of mattress;
Any Ingredients if available:
- White vinegar
- Hydrogen peroxide
Using a shampoo:
1. Take 1 table Spoon of shampoo and mix it with half a glass of water
2. now apply it to the stain
3. rub it
4. rinse it off with cold water.
Mix equal amount of water with white vinegar
Rub the stained area with a white towel, cloth or wipe
Dry out with another cloth
Add a small amount of cola to the stained area
The chemical reaction between the blood and cola started
Rub it with a dry white cloth or wipe or towel
Mix ammonia with an equal amount of water
Apply to the stained area
Apply it gently
Slightly rub the area
Now rinse it with cold water
Dirt yen area with cloth, towel or wipe.
Using hair spray:
It seems that it will not work but believe me .it works
Take hairspray and sprayed it over the stained area
Leave it for 15 to 20 seconds
Rinse it with a wet cloth or towel. or wipe.
Let it dry
Water and Dish Detergent:
1. Take 1 tablespoon of dish deter cup of water
2. Mix it well
3. Add this solution to the area stained 4. Slightly rub the area
5. Now dab the area with a clean white towel, cloth or wipe.
Salt, cornstarch, and hydrogen peroxide:
1. Take ½ cup of cornstarch, one tablespoon of salt, and ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide. Salt and hydrogen peroxide are great cleaning agents when it comes to protein stains, which include blood stains.
2. Mix all the ingredients until they convert into an aan a site-like mixture.
3. Now Apply the mixture over the whole stained area and let it dry completely.
4. Once it’s totally dry, just scrape it up with a spoon, spatula or knife and vacuum over it.
For better results; This cleaning method can be done multiple times for better results.
Remedies for removing periods of stains:
It’s bad enough to get your sheets stained with period blood and you are unable to remove it. but it’s even more upsetting if those get through onto your beloved mattress which is very special. It is imagery and a shameful situation and u tried a lot to remove the stains but they doest fade away, here are some remedies which will get the stains out .it works.
Some important points to mind:
Clean the blood stained as u notice
Do not let it dry
It may be a nidus for harmful bacteria
Can cause a foul smell
It can spread to other areas as well
It can reduce the quality of your mattress
How can blood stains be removed fast and effectively?
First of all, apply the stain with hydrogen peroxide or rub bar soap into the stain and scrub by hand in cold water and dab it with a clean cotton towel
Put some laundry pre-treater or rub in an enzyme-containing liquid laundry detergent, and wash the remaining stain in warm water with a fabric-safe bleach until the stain fades away.
Cleaning blood stain mattresses is very troublesome but there are many methods available which can easily solve your problem and these methods are also very pocket friendly too. if the blood is dried or fresh both can be removed. but first of all, you have to make sure that if you are using water that it should not be hot water.
The simplest and easiest way is to apply detergent to the place and simply dabbing the area and then letting it dry can remove blood stains by 90%. if the stain is fresh do not let it dry.
Using Hydrogen peroxide, salt water, shampoo, and vinegar can remove the stains 100%.so don’t waste money by purchasing expensive products, blood stains can be easily removed by applying home remedies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q:What is dabbing and blotting?
Dabbing /blotting means applying only a little pressure as you soak the area with a cloth, then releasing, then repeating the cycle again and again until the stains fade away. Dabbing/blotting prevents you from rubbing the area too hard, which can push the stain further into the fabric.it’s natural when you rub the area too hard it will damage all the fibres. When removing a blood stain from a mattress, pillow, sheets, or other accessories, try dabbing or blotting the stain. This method works for a lot of other stains too, like wine on the carpet or grease or oil and paint stains on your shirt.
Q:How can I get rid of dried stains on mattresses?
The method is very easy.
take baking soda 1 tablespoon and 2 tablespoons of water
Make a paste of it
Apply this paste to the stained area
Leave it for about 30 mins
Now scrape the area with a spatula spoon or knife
Dab the area with a clean wet cloth
Q:Does bleach work on blood stains?
Yes it works
Apply 2 spoons of bleach to the stained area
Leave it for 5 mins.
Thoroughly rinse the area with cold water
The stains will fade away
But this method work if the process is repeated again and again
Q:Is Hot good for blood stains?
No, absolutely not.
Q:What happens if we apply hot water to the blood stains?
Hot water will cook the blood and it will stick and will not remove easily.
Q:Is vanish remove the blood stains?
Yes, vanish remove the blood stains easily, the method is as follows,
Apply 2 tablespoons of varnish to the blood-stained area
Rinse it thoroughly with cold water
Q:Is salt good for removing blood stains?
Yes, salt is a dehydrating agent that works to fade food bloody. Salt has more efficacy in blood stain removal when mixed with cornstarch and hydrogen peroxide. You can also mix salt and water to form a thick paste you can apply directly to the stained area.
Caution: Remember, though, that this mixture only works on innerspring beds since hydrogen peroxide can damage foam fibres.
Q:Is the cleaning method of blood removal the same for all mattresses?
Yes, it’s the same for all kinds of mattresses.
Q:Is it possible to get the blood stains out of bed sheets and mattresses without washing them?
Yes, it is possible, many methods are available in this regard.
Q: How can a mattress be cleaned of blood stains without washing them?
Mattress and bed sheets can be cleaned of blood using hydrogen peroxide.
Pour a little amount of hydrogen peroxide over it (we recommend about ½ of a cup)
add cold water.
Let it soak for about 30 mins.
Now dab it with a white clean cotton cloth or towel
Let it dry.